TCG Nordica stage Artist-In-Residence (AIR) Program: Performing Artists
Cultural center, unique artists, non-profit, low cost, inspiration
Note about legality and responsibility of performing
TCG Nordica is an international culture center featuring a performance stage, art gallery and restaurant. We are located in Kunming, China, a city of six million that serves as a cultural hub for artists throughout South West China. As a visiting artist, you will have the unique opportunity to meet with local artists from a variety of cultural traditions and backgrounds. Here you can draw inspiration from a city that is constantly renewing itself. Please note that at current exchange rates, you will most likely not make a significant profit from your activities here if you change your CNY into Euros or dollars. However, for the same reason that it is unfavorable to turn CNY into foreign currency, it is very favorable to turn foreign currency into CNY. You will find that the cost of living and travel here is very affordable, and that the experience will have great personal value to you, even if it does not earn you a significant profit.
A Note on Chinese Law: There are laws in China which limit the ways in which foreign artists can perform, but we can help you safely and legally navigate this system.
TCG Nordica’s Performance Artists in Residence Programs:
1, TCG Nordica sponsorship; the Artist(s) in Residence agrees to give three concerts/performance, one workshop or lecture over a two week duration. TCG Nordica agrees to cover their accommodation and some pocket money. The income from all activities will go to TCG Nordica, and you must inform us if you plan to play at other venues.
2, Performance Artist, the artist agrees to pay his/her costs of staying (see separate document), TCG Nordica will offer a formal invitation for fundraising; AIR is supposed to give one concert/performance, one workshop or a lecture at TCG Nordica in the duration of one month. All income will be shared with TCG Nordica 50%-50% after TCG Nordica is compensated for costs incurred during the performance. Guest room payment to be paid in advance.
Note: Both programs require a 3500CNY/person administration fee to be paid in cash upon arrival.
What we would like to assist
1. Opportunities to meet with other artists and visit art institutions and theaters
2. Help to find a translator to accompany you at other times (note that translator service will then be charged by the hour)
3. Kunming and Yunnan orientation
4. Arrival pick-up, Kunming police registration
5. Wireless Internet availability at TCG Nordica and at our guest flat
6. Culture Tourism (travels) in Yunnan province and help with arranging flight ticket within China (Separate charge)
7. Rehearsal and practice space (according to the availability)
8. Possibility to have concerts in other venues
9. Assistance making CD records, poster, flyer design (Separate charge)
10. Opportunities to meet with local professionals in traditional Chinese art forms such as calligraphy, tea ceremony, wood printing, paper cutting, and traditional instruments. (separate charge)
11. TCG Nordica has the equipment listed below. There are also a number of companies that rent instruments which we can recommend to you.
Stage Information please check website for details:
(http://www.tcgnordica.com/stage). Those who are interested in applying, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org